Benefits of Knee Replacement Surgery: Dr. Anurag Aggarwal
More than 80% of people in India get damaged knee joints by the age of 60-65 years. The reason behind it is the increasing obesity and sedentary lifestyle. Knee replacement surgery is one of the best options to get rid of knee pain and disability in walking. Let’s discuss the various types of knee replacement surgeries performed at Metro Hospital Faridabad.
- Partial knee replacement – only damaged part of the knee is replaced
- Total knee replacement – entire knee joint is replaced fv.
Benefits of Knee Surgery
Pain Relief & Improved movement
Knee replacement surgery can ease the excruciating knee pain while walking, running or even when you are sitting or lying down. Knee pain is disabling as it prevents you from walking and doing regular activities at home or office. It can even lead to a sedentary lifestyle, resulting in obesity and ill health. Knee surgery can help such people by improving their mobility.
Better treatment response
Knee replacement surgery may be a good option if knee pain does not get better with rest, medication or other treatments, including anti-inflammatory medications, lubricating injections, and physiotherapy.
High success rate
The success rate of knee replacement surgery is very high now because of the computer-assisted technique (pinless navigation) which is being used at our center. Other benefits of this technique are:
- Small incision
- Better Accuracy
- Less blood loss
- Faster recovery, the patient is walking next day
- Longer life of Implant.
- Patient can sit cross-legged.
- No pin site problems.
Facilities at Metro Hospital Faridabad
With advanced infrastructure and world-class facilities, we have the most experienced team of orthopedic surgeons who are doing complex cases on a regular basis.
- Computer navigation knee replacement.
- Total Hip replacements and all other joints replacement
- Sports medicine center
- Arthroscopic knee surgeries for ligaments
- Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair of Knee
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgeries
- All complex trauma surgeries management of polytrauma patients.